Where do we begin?We used Preferred Moving and Storage movers in Harrison Township Michigan back in October 2015 and found this horrid mover on the internet.

Unfortunately, i didn't see these bad reviews of this company until we experienced a bad move with them. Anyways...We had hired 4 of their movers who i deem to be the worst ever. Do not be fooled by their sales tactics. The nice sales gentleman named Greg was very polite when he came to our home to give us a quote and the ladies on the phones were ok.

We recently had moved from our home in Clinton Twp to Rochester Hills MI. When we searched for a mover on the internet, we found these guys closest to our home. On moving day, everything started out fine until the lead driver told me one fee after another up front when these movers showed up. I added 5 extra items and 30 extra boxes because my wife and I didn't have the time and the movers told me that if i chose to have them move these extra items that it was going to add additional time and that the move was most likely going to go past 5pm.

The worst part is when my move went past 5pm, the drivers took me aside and and told me that the fees were going to double and any work completed past 5pm i would have to pay them cash on the side! I couldn't believe it! So naturally i asked the driver for me to speak to a manager. When that happened the 2 drivers said they were the owners and the office was closed!

Then another helper named Marcus, told me that not to worry, this happens all the time. So the initial estimate was for $1,525.00. In the end my wife and I paid $2,250.00 for this local move!!!! My wife had to go withdraw $800.00 in cash from our bank to pay them for the cash overtime!

Never again will i use this company and i warn you if you do use them, you too will pay too much.

Next time we are going to call more than one mover for a quote.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Preferred Moving and Storage. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Preferred Moving and Storage to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Preferred Moving and Storage preferred moving and storage residential movers service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Preferred Moving and Storage?

Comments

HCadle
Preferred Moving and Storage Verified Representative

I am hoping you will contact me about the comments you noted about our company.I have looked through our schedule and crews and do not see any relocations that we handled fitting the criteria you listed.

I would certainly welcome the opportunity to address your statements and concerns.Please contact me directly at (800) 837-4600 or email me at henry@preferredmoving.net.